Chilterns Walking Festival
September 16, 2017 All Day
The Chilterns Walking festival is back for its second festival, running from Saturday 16th September – Sunday 1st October 2017 and we would really appreciate your help in spreading the word. If you would like any fliers or posters please let me know.
The festival invites experienced and novice walkers alike to explore the landscapes, locations and legends of The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is a fantastic selection of 70 walks and events which are now live and bookable on-line.
- A fascinating walk taking in Chequers and The Ridgeway National Trail, combined with meeting the local farmer, refreshments and a visit to Buckmoorend Farm Shop.
- A private tour of the Lacey Green windmill restored by the Chiltern Society, followed by a beautiful circular walk around the Lacey Green area with stunning views, passing through quiet valleys.
- Walk through the beautiful rolling hills of the southern Chilterns before being rewarded with a stop at the Rebellion brewery shop to sample some local beers!
- Meander through the Chiltern Open Air Museum’s woodland landscape, learning more about the Museum's hidden meadow, and exploring the Museum and its rescued historic buildings.
- A series of three HS2 walks - in Wendover, Misbourne and Denham - offering walkers the opportunity to view the beautiful Chilterns landscape before it changes forever.
- Sketching walks led by a wildlife artist and Countryside Officer
Click here for more information and to book walks or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChilternsWalkingFestival
We hope to entice you out on some of the walks and I look forward to seeing some of you at the Chilterns Walking Festival launch on 13th September.
People and Society Officer
Chilterns Conservation Board