The Loudwater Residents’ Association (LRA) was formed in 1949 by householders on the Loudwater Estate in the Parish of Chorleywood, Hertfordshire. The LRA reformed in 1957 and expanded to include adjoining private estates and neighbouring roads and lanes as shown on the map below.
- The LRA’s primary objective is to preserve Loudwater
- The aims of the LRA are:
- To provide a focal group for the residents of Loudwater to deal collectively and effectively with matters that affect Loudwater.
- To provide a focus for community activities and other events for the residents of Loudwater. This includes all activities encouraging friendship and neighbourliness.
- To keep the residents of Loudwater informed of events and matters of local interest through the LRA Newsletter.
- To provide a lobby group to encourage Three Rivers District Council and Hertfordshire County Council to maintain and improve the various publicly owned lanes and verges within Loudwater. This will include action to discourage through traffic and to ensure safety on Loudwater roads
- To help to maintain and protect the covenants for Loudwater (Troutstream) Estate Ltd, Bridle Lane Estates Ltd, Lower Plantation (and other private estates), in the best interests of their residents.
Area covered by the LRA